First, let me start off by stressing the importance of regular facials. Every day your skin is being exposed to dirt, grime and pollution, which gets lodged deep into your pores. A facial will deeply clean out your pores and leave you with clean and glowing skin. Watch my video on the benefits of a facial below.
While not a substitue for a professional facial, there are ways to give yourself a decent mini facial at home for those times you can’t make it to the spa. Here are the steps:
- Clean, medium-size white towel
- Large pot of filtered water
- Regular face cleanser
- Exfoliating cleanser
- Deep hydrating skin mask (like our new blackberry sage masque)
- Two slices of cucumber (optional)
- ALA and Day Glow Cream (optional)
Now, lets begin our at-home facial
- Wash your face with a gentle, ph-balanced cleanser (Foaming or Creamy Cleanser). Pat dry.
- Fill a large pot with filtered water and set on the stove on high heat to boil.
- Go to the sink and wet the towel and ring out excess moisture (towel should be wet/damp but not dripping). Put towel in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until warm.
- Lay down and put warm towel on your face. Lay like this until the water in the pot is rapidly boiling (10 minutes).
- Drape the towel over your head and put your face over the steam from the rapidly boiling water. Be careful! Don’t put your face too close, just close enough to absorb the steam. Stay like this for a full 5-10 minutes.
- Leave skin slightly damp and apply skin mask. Place cucumber slices on your eyes and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash skin with an exfoliating cleanser. The exfoliating cleanser is important becuase it will get rid of dead skin cells and leftover dirt and grime.
- Pat skin dry and apply ALA and Day Glow for luminous, glowing skin!
That’s it – hope you enjoy this great, quick process to rejuvenate your skin!