When we think of taking care of our skin, most people think of their face, and some think of the décolleté, but few think of the hands. Your hands are another critical area to care for in your skin routine. Why? Because your hands show your age – often more than any other part of your body.
Here are my tips for caring for your hands:
1) Wear gloves whenever possible. This includes:
- Rubber gloves when washing dishes
- Driving gloves to protect your hands from the sun (did you know – the #1 cause of aging on hands is from sunlight contact while on a steering wheel. So if you can’t wear driving gloves, make sure to apply sunscreen!). Here are some cute driving gloves you can buy online.
- Cotton gloves with our treated hand cream at night for silky smooth hands in the morning
2) Moisturize your hands frequently (2 times a day) with a rich, treated hand cream. Our hand cream has the anti-aging ingredients DMAE and plant stem cells for firming and smoothing. After moisturizing the hands, follow with sunscreen.
3) If you have age spots or pigmentation on your hands, use lemon juice to lighten them (put fresh lemon juice on a cotton pad) or use our Fade Cream for more intense spot removal.
4) Exfoliate your hands once a week with our Exfoliating Cleanser.