Watch this quick video to learn the fastest way to clear a big pimple — it really works! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-63laivnQg
Learn the biggest skin care mistakes that you might be making without even realizing it! Click here to watch now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24nbKN1aG-Y
Watch next – How to Eat for Clear Skin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1YuWHiMvy4
: : K E Y P O I N T S : :
Using toothpaste to treat a pimples — baking soda (skin is naturally acidic, baking soda is high alkaline- compromises lipid barrier), sodium laurel sulfate- harshly drying soap & highly alkaline, mint is an irritant, and silica is an abrasive. For an effective spot treatment use clay mask — I recommend Maxiclear Advance by Vasseur Skincare http://www.vasseurskincare.com/maxiclear-advanced/
Popping pimples at home. By popping your own pimples you are breaking skin and immediately putting dirt and oils into the open skin. This can cause infections and much, much larger issues, like more aggressive acne and scarring.
Sticking your finger in your skin care container – Since your fingers are usually your applicator, bacteria build up fast in bottles and in makeup sponges, then end up on your face. Use a qtip or opt for skin care products in airless containers, like Vasseur Skincare.
Touching your face throughout the day. More than likely you touch your face constantly throughout the day. Every time you do that, you’re adding to the dirt, oil and bacteria that can get under your skin and cause problems.
Skipping moisturizer because your skin is too oily. In reality, if skin gets too dry, especially if you’re already using acne treatments, which can be very drying, your acne can get worse.
Ignoring your diet — dairy, sugar and processed foods in particular. Watch my video “why your skin care isn’t working” to learn more.
Not wearing sunscreen daily & not reapplying . Your foundation is not enough
Overexfoliating or harshly exfolating — Causes dryness, inflammation, destroying healthy cells, promoting skin discoloration, and stripping away healthy oils and bacteria.
Using cleansers with sulfates and alcohol SD-40, isopropyl alcohol – irritant for acne-prone and senstive skin types, leading to redness, dryness, and in some cases, brown spots and premature aging.
Taking a hot shower to “open the pores” Hot water dissolves your natural body oils and makes skin dry.
Using eye cream with mineral oil or petroleum — Since these ingredients are not absorbed easily, they sit on the surface and suffocate the skin.
Find me on Twitter and Instagram @VasseurBeauty!!
Learn how to make your own DIY MAC Fix Plus dupe for a fraction of the price! MAC Fix Plus is used to refresh & finish makeup and also can be applied to eyeshadow to increase its pigmentation and shine. This DIY recipe was made by Melanie Vasseur, a cosmetic chemist, so it’s extremely close to the real thing ♡ Click here to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTzrkfjrM18 ♡
Here’s our suggested routine for a full spa night at home! Includes night time skin care tips, at home face mask, bath routine and a DIY hair mask. Watch now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FnEy2ZoFo
** Video Overview **
• Olive oil cleanser is a cleansing oil and facial cleanser in one
• Oil dissolves the oil on your skin and removes any remaining makeup
• Leaves your skin soft and hydrated
• Spash face with water to remove and gently pat dry with washcloth
• Maxiclear is a clay based mask with mandelic acid, salicylic acid, glycolic acid + zinc to remove deeply lodged impurities — amazing on blemishes
Bath time essentials
• While the water is running I make myself a cup of tea
• Bamboo leaf tea is my new obsession, the silicia in bamboo improves skin elasticity and strengthens hair and nails
• Has a lot of other benefits + also tastes good
• With this I add local organic honey, in case you didn’t know this, consuming local honey can help with seasonal allergies aka hay fever
• For my bath I add lavender scented Epsom salt — Epsom salt is high in magnesium that is highly detoxifying and absorbs into your body while soaking in the tub
• Also add bubbles !
• Light your favorite candles and you have just set the mood for the perfect relaxing bath
• This is a time I like to unplug, sip my tea and read a good book. Oh, and play with bubbles.
Skin Care Routine
• Next for my night time skin care routine, I use Vasseur Skincare products. This line was created by my mother, formulated with the highest concentrations of active ingredients on the market, also without parabens, synthetics, toxins, harsh chemicals. It’s both natural and highly effective, best of both worlds. You can use code YOUTUBE for 15% off your first order at http://www.vasseurskincare.com
• Start with mandelic acid serum, aka triple skin perfect serum. Works to clear skin, brighten and improve overall skin tone and elasticity. This is my holy grail skin care product and in particular is great at removing the small forehead bumps and blemishes that pop up from time to time
• Follow that up with supermoist, moisturizer on steroids. Also contains vitamin C and some amazing skin firming antioxidants ALA and DMAE.
• Finish with gold serum, highly intensive eye serum to prevent eye area wrinkles
DIY Hair Mask
• To make my favorite at home hair mask I just combine one part organic coconut oil with one part EVOO. Slather this into my hair, focusing on the ends
• Also heard recently from my hairdresser that if you twist your hair it helps the mask penetrate the hair more deeply. SO, twirl that hair ladies!
In today’s skin care Q&A video I answer a very common skin care question: “What is the correct order to apply my skin care products?” Layering your skin care products can seem complicated, but in this video I make it easy to remember using an acronym! Watch now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnxKkU60GIk
An easy acronym to remember the correct order to apply your skin care products/how to layer your skin care products is ***STMS: Simple To Manage Skincare***
This stands for:
*S* Serums – If a product is a serum formulation – these will have typically have “serum” in the name (i.e. Green Tea Serum, Copper Peptide Serum) then these should be applied first, closest to the skin.
*T* Treatment Products – acne products, anti-aging products, vitamin & antioxidant treatments (i.e. Vasseur Skincare’s ALA cream or Ester C cream). The order you apply products within this category does not make a big difference.
*M* Moisturizers, this includes your regular moisturizer, your hydrating night creams/day creams and eye cream
*S* Sunscreen should always go on top (in your daytime skin care routine)
If you have any specific questions, please leave it in the comments below!
Get in the Spring cleaning and organizing spirit with these creative DIY makeup, jewelry and beauty product storage solutions including: how to clean out and repurpose glass candle jars, DIY earring, lipstick and eye palate storage + more! Click to watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOE7L5Vfn2w
The vast majority of people have no idea that this common thing we do every day is contributing to acne and wrinkles. Watch today’s video to learn what it is and how to fix it.
In today’s video we’ll show you 13 amazing makeup tips that you probably haven’t heard before. A sample of some of the tips are below, click here to see the tips in action! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teLg62QqZXY
Make Eyeshadows Pop
Have you ever purchased a vibrant color of shadow that once applied appears rather dull? The key to making those colors pop is a white base. Use a white eyeliner and cover your entire lid before applying the color of your choice.
How To Fix Clumpy Mascara
Let’s face it, this happens to every tube of mascara over time. The problem is it dries out and then starts to form unattractive lumps. To help prevent this, don’t pump your mascara trying to get more on your wand; you’re basically pumping air into the tube causing it to dry out even faster.
Although mascara should be replaced every 3 to 4 months, I use to replace mine much sooner just because it dries out so fast and creates undesirable results. But, there’s an easy fix for that! Run the wand under hot water until the water runs clear, and then place it back in the tube, rubbing it around. The water and heat softens the mascara liquid making it apply as if it were a brand new tube!
Repurposed Plastic Spoon
Use a plastic spoon to easily apply mascara on your bottom lashes without getting any on the skin under your eyes. It also helps you to accomplish a much thicker coat.
Instant Eye Lift
This quick and easy illusion will give you an instant eye life. Draw an arch directly above your eyebrow with your favorite highlighter, and blend with your finger. This makes your arch look raised, making the whole eye area look like it’s been lifted.
Use a baby toothbrush to exfoliate your lips. To really get the job done, you can make a homemade lip exfoliate with sugar and coconut oil, or easier but not as effective, cover your lips in lip balm or petroleum jelly before scrubbing.
Watch the video to see demos of all the tips + more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teLg62QqZXY
Did you know that the NUMBER ONE reason you haven’t been able to clear your skin using products alone is likely related to your diet? In this video you will learn the foods to eat and to avoid in order to have radiant, clear skin- the Clear Skin Diet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1YuWHiMvy4
Did you know the eye area is the first area on your face that shows signs of aging and is a dead giveaway of your age? Those who take special care of their eye area age better than those who don’t.
In today’s video we go over how our eye area is different from other areas on our face and the main causes and solutions for eye area wrinkles. This video includes a giveaway where we will pick THREE winners to get a eye treatment product of their choice. Watch the video for more info, closes this Friday Feb 14th, 2014!