Wrinkles on the lips and upper mouth area are often the first signs of aging on the face and can appear as early as the 20’s. Women tend to get lip & mouth wrinkles more often than men due to the fact that our skin is thinner. While lip wrinkles can happen to anyone, they are accelerated by repeated movement, sun exposure, smoking and genetics.
How to Prevent Mouth and Lip Wrinkles
Women in your twenties and thirties, listen up! Now is the time to focus on PREVENTING mouth wrinkles. To prevent them from forming, diligently follow these tips:
- Keep your mouth area hydrated. Adequate hydration is a key and often overlooked step in keeping your mouth area young and wrinkle free. Think of wrinkles like raisins- they need to be plumped up with moisture to retain their smooth appearance.
- LIPS: Wear a good, healthy lip balm under your lipstick every day – not just in cold winter months when the lips tend to dry out. Note that most chapsticks contain dangerous synthetics, so opt for a natural alternative like Burts Bees or Vasseur Beauty Balm.
- MOUTH AREA: It’s critical that you wear a moisturizing sunscreen around your mouth area during the day and a heavy moisturizer around your mouth at night, every night (i.e. Night Cream, Supermoist or a Serum).
- Don’t drink out or straws or water bottles and don’t smoke. The repeated expression of pursing the lips (most commonly done when drinking through straws or water bottles and smoking) contributes to wrinkles forming around the area. Be aware of your lip pursing and always drink out of a glass rather than a straw or water bottle.
- Sleep on your back or on a Beauty Pillow. On a normal pillow, you sleep with your mouth area crushed into the pillow for 6-8 hours a night, which over time wears down the elastin in the area and the wrinkles become permanent. By sleeping on a back or a Beauty Pillow, you will keep your face off of the pillow and prevent the development of wrinkles while you sleep (read more about sleep wrinkles).
How to Get Rid of Lip and Mouth Wrinkles
Once you already have lip or mouth wrinkles that have started to develop, there are a few steps you can take to minimize and even erase them.
Early stage wrinkles:
- Use Eye Q Gel. Don’t be fooled by the name – Eye Q Gel can also be used to instantly tighten wrinkles around the mouth. Eye Q gel contains plant stem cells and topical botox that instantly tightens the skin.
- Use Gold Serum. Gold Serum will provide deep-penetrating moisture and build up the connective tissue under the skin, which will lessen your mouth area wrinkles over time.
- Get a TCA peel. A TCA peel is a medium strength chemical peel that will penetrate deeply into the dermis to stimulate collagen production and help firm the skin. Always get a TCA peel from a professional (At Vasseur Skin Clinic and Spa, a TCA peel is $150). Expect 2-7 days of down time where your skin will be red and peeling, so plan accordingly.
Deep or Severe Mouth Wrinkles:
- Get Juvederm. For more deep set wrinkles, look into juvederm. Juvederm is a smooth gel filler that instantly smoothes away wrinkles around your mouth and nose. With just one treatment, you will get natural-looking results that last up to a year.
26 thoughts on “How to Get Rid of Lip and Mouth Wrinkles”
You are completely right about tips mentioned of preventing lip wrinkles. I would even say that those are general tips of that how to prevent wrinkles not just around lip and mouth. Smoking definitely is making the biggest harm not only to the health but specially to the skin. Unfortunately there are so many people that even do not think about that what they are doing to themselves with that.
Also you have advised some nice means of reduction wrinkles around mouth, before I even have not noticed that there are products available specially for this area.
Thanks for your comments Zsaza! You are correct, most of these tips apply to preventing wrinkles in general also.
This has been my daily moisturizer for the last year. It makes my skin very soft, very hethlay looking, and fresh. I have given it as a gift to my sister and she loves it. No adverse reactions. You can notice a difference after just one use. When I’ve run out and used something else temporarily, I always can see the difference again once I start back up. It is as close as it gets to a miracle cream.I do not wear makeup, so the Made from Earth Vitamin Moisturizer is it. I am 49 years old and I think my skin looks incredible. The friends I have given it to also like to keep a natural look and prefer their skin without heavy creams, thick moisturizers and sunscreens, or makeup.The women I know who are fans of Made from Earth like me. We’re kind of lazy no-fuss one cream that does it all people; instead of one jar of something for one thing, and another for something else eye creams, night time moisturizers, daytime moisturizers, etc. we’re the type that wants just one that can do the job and then be done with it. In other words, we don’t have the patience to fuss with our looks a lot, or to spend money buying bunches of different creams to keep track of and remember to use.It seems expensive, but it is not because it lasts a long, long time. The two-ounce jar lasts me about six months. I use a the Green Tea toxin cleanser and then the Vitamin Moisturizer and that’s it. I’m done with my face in 30 seconds. Plus, it gives me a look that most women use makeup to get, so I think it’s a bargain.
You have a great website
[…] Read: How to treat and prevent crow’s feet, How to treat lip and mouth wrinkles […]
I have gotten TCA peels. You look bad for 4 to 5 days but it is worth it.
The TCA peel stands for a Trichloroacetic Acid peel which is a process which has been utilized by beauty skin doctors to treat conditions as distinct as wrinkle reduction.
The TCA peel means a Trichloroacetic Acid peel and it is a procedure that has been used by beauty dermatologists to treat conditions as distinct as wrinkle reduction.
How to Get Rid of Lip and Mouth Wrinkles Fresh & Ageless Skin I can’t determine how do I subscribe to your weblog
i love to use all types of skin products on my skin, i find it very refreshing and a little me thing.
I have lip wrinkles, I’m 22, a non smoker and I sleep on my back. And I use vaseline every hour- why do I still have wrinkles?- Genetics you say?
Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog!
We are a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in
a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on.
You have done a outstanding job!
I am regular reader, how are you everybody?
This article posted at this site is actually fastidious.
You need to take part in a contest for one
of the finest websites on the internet. I will highly
recommend this site!
Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the
book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home
a little bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic blog.
A great read. I’ll definitely be back.
I don’t know whether it’s just me or if
everyone else encountering issues with your website.
It appears as though some of the written text on your posts are
running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me
know if this is happening to them as well?
This may be a problem with my web browser because I’ve had this happen previously. Cheers
Hi there to all, since I am really keen of reading this weblog’s post to be updated regularly. It carries nice data.
Why visitors still make use of to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is available
This website is great be8cbeb819e570a328339a3c55e7bc5d
Hi there to every one, the contents present at this site are actually remarkable for people experience, well,
keep up the nice work fellows.
Usually I do not learn article on blogs, however
I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a
look at and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me.
Thanks, quite great article.
I’ve learned so much from this website,SO MUCH. Myself it’s the chin and behind the flair of my nostrils is where I break out the most. The old T- zone and combination skin with medicine,and YES milk plus ALL of above I will work on changing things around. Makeup change will be a bit hard, although I can catch Bare Minerals sets at a cost / tv. Moisturizer wrinkle creams and so on, Oil of Olay products is recommended but what do you say? Help!
Asking questions are in fact nice thing if you are not understanding anything completely, but this piece of writing gives good
I have full lips, but they have developed more prominent wrinkles that seem to have deepened as I have gotten further into my 30’s. I have been using the Lady Soma Collagen Lip Rescue and it acts as both a lip balm and filler/volumizer that lasts for hours! And I have been using it for about 3 weeks now, and I feel a lasting effect – my lips feel younger and healthier. Definitely recommend it.
You’ve mentioned one thing that is very important but most women don’t understand. You need to start thinking about preventing your wrinkles as early as in your 20’s or maximum in your 30’s because it’s way easier to do it rather than searching for some sort of an instant wrinkle remover when you’re 40 or 45 and the wrinkles are already there. There’s not much you can do about it.
Nice info provided here..I have problems with my acne scars so, give some ideas about acne scars treatment